In the course of the holidays, you’ll be able to entertain your self by making a sequence of selfmade placemats to present a personal touch to any desk. Mats don’t require a stitching machine, or certainly any seam. You possibly can create placemats with out spending extra money than the price of the material.
Directions of creating placemats
- Search the aisles of your native retailer crafts or material materials and interlining for placemats; make sure to purchase solely these materials that may face up to ironing.
- Calculate the quantity of cloth you’ll need. A tablecloth that measures 21 by 16 inches adequately covers a plate of meals, napkins and silverware.
- Wash the material earlier than working together with her to guarantee that not one of the colours if liquids are spilled on the tablecloth.
- Minimize the interlining an inch shorter than the world of the tablecloth so that matches completely inside the net area.
- Set your iron to “wool”, allowed to achieve the required temperature.
- Press and leaves the iron on interfacing for 10 seconds as soon as you’ve got reached the specified temperature. Raise the iron and place it again elsewhere.
- Let the material cool after ironing interfacing.
- Make straight cuts on the sting with scissors to material to make an ornamental ribbon. Minimize solely from the periphery to the highest of the interlining to the Ribbon.